Nov 1st - Dec 20th|
Pilot Polish | Self-Paced
Work at your own pace to polish a complete draft of your pilot. Over seven weeks, you'll receive feedback and on demand video workshops to help you improve your script and your craft. This class is open to new and returning students.
Time & Location
Nov 1st - Dec 20th
About the class
SELF-PACED PILOT POLISH
This course allows you to work at your own pace to polish a complete draft of your pilot script. Over seven weeks, you'll receive feedback on your submitted work and have access to on-demand video workshops designed to help you improve your script and your craft. With the holidays and travel, the end of the year can be a difficult time to stay committed to your writing projects. This course allows you to maintain your writing goals and practice, while offering you flexibility during this busy season. Open to new and returning students. Read full details below.
Start Date: November 1st
End Date: December 20th
- 4 Rounds of written notes from Kim.
- 4 Video workshops you can watch anytime during the seven weeks.
- 4 Group Office Hours over Zoom with Kim to discuss your pilot and progress.
- Access to a weekly pilot script discussion group.
HOW DOES A SELF-PACED CLASS WORK?
- Submit your FULL DRAFT on or before November 1st (The earlier you submit your draft, the earlier you'll receive notes and will be able to get started on your first round of revisions.)
- Released Nov. 1st: Workshop 1: You Finished A Draft. Now What?
- You will receive notes from Kim on or before November 8th
- Submit first round of revisions on or before November 15th
- Released Nov. 15th: Workshop 2: Creating Well-Rounded Characters
- You will receive notes from Kim on or before November 22nd
- Submit second round of revisions on or before November 29th
- Released Nov. 29th: Workshop 3: Strengthening Scene Work
- You will receive notes from Kim on or before December 6th
- Submit third round of revisions on or before December 13th
- Released Dec. 13th: Workshop 4: Finding Your Next Idea
- You will receive notes from Kim on or before December 20th
- BONUS WORKSHOP: Submit work by each deadline, and you'll unlock this Bonus Workshop: The Business of Being A Writer (aka How To Organize Your Sh*t)
- Each week, Kim will offer Zoom Office Hours, you can sign-up for up to 4 appointments.
- $375 - Half-Hour Pilot (35 pages or less)
- $450 - One-Hour Pilot (65 pages or less)
- ALL SCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AS PDFs to email@example.com on or before November 1st
To secure your spot you must complete the registration form AND submit a deposit of 50%. The balance of your tuition will be due by November 1st (or when you submit your full draft, whichever happens first). Please make your deposit via Venmo @Kimberlea-Kressal or PayPal @kressal.